Pages

Friday 21 February 2014

World Cup Hopes Not Over, says Sone Aluko

The Hull City striker believes he still has a chance of making the Super Eagles team to the 2014 Fifa World Cup Brazil Nigeria’s Sone Aluko has revealed that he has not laid down his arms on securing a place in Stephen Keshi’s squad for the 2014 Fifa World Cup.
The Hull City Tigers striker has recently returned to the playing turf after spending several months on the sidelines due to injury. Even at this, the 25-year-old who last played for Nigeria in June 2012 is confident that he can still make it to Brazil.

 "I believe I do have a chance of making the World Cup squad, even though I have been out of the squad for a long time," Aluko told BBC Sport.

 "Until the 'Big Boss' decides the team then many players will believe they still have a chance and I'm no different, we all want to be in Brazil playing. ''

''There's enough time and matches, which hopefully should be enough to break into the Super Eagles team again.''

"More importantly really, my main focus is to recapture my form and end the season strongly with Hull. As long as I keep playing well and my club keeps winning, I'll have strong hopes,” concluded Aluko. Since making his Super Eagles debut on May 29, 2009 against the Republic of Ireland in an international friendly, the former Glasgow Rangers player has made just two appearances for Nigeria's senior team

0 comments:

Post a Comment